*Agent Framework v0.9.0 and SOEF 0.3.7 released*
Welcome to 2021, let it be a great one! We’re getting really close to v1.0 and it’s super exciting: after working hard throughout the Christmas and New Year break, we’ve released updates for the agent framework and the SOEF, and there’s more to come: AW-4, SOEF explorer web site, and a ton more.
Agent Framework v0.9.0 Release Notes
Let’s start with the Agent Framework:
- Proof of representation on the agent communications network (ACN): you can’t misrepresent yourself any more, either intentionally or by accident. This makes the ACN far more secure
- Added `issue-certificates` CLI command for the proof-of-representation
- Added automated spell checking for all documentation files
- Full test coverage on example code: if you see it in the documentation, it should absolutely run!
- Added fingerprint support with a path
- Updated the documentation as a result of the huge amount of great feedback we’ve had: do let us know what you think
- Added support for syncing local and remote registry
We’ve also made a great number of other bug-fixes and improvements, such as in the `MultiAgentManager`, `AgentConfigManager` and more.
Agent Framework v0.9.0 Documents
For more details on this release: https://github.com/fetchai/agents-aea/releases/tag/v0.9.0
And you can get it from PyPI: https://pypi.org/project/aea/0.9.0/
Updated docs are here: https://docs.fetch.ai
And the upgrade guide from previous versions is here: https://docs.fetch.ai/aea/upgrading/
SOEF 0.3.7 Release Notes
The SOEF 0.3.7 has considerable internal and a bunch of external improvements:
- New personality piece for altitude
- Massively improved networking
- Improved privacy: defaulting to private in more cases
- Preparations for incentivised node operation
Its documentation has also been updated to reflect changes: https://docs.fetch.ai/aea/simple-oef/
And… finally… *we’ve got apps*! A web-based SOEF explorer and an iOS native App for your iPhone. Web-based is online, in final test and is expected to launch any day: if you _need_ it for development purposes, please do get in touch. The iOS app will enter beta testing in the coming week: if you’re interested in taking part in that beta testing, please also get in touch.
Also: AW-4! Starts *this week*. Stay tuned for information!