深入探讨 Fetch.ai 与 IOTA 的合作
6月 10, 2021
Autonomous delivery and discoverability to data
Fetch.ai is proud to announce a collaboration with IOTA, to connect Autonomous Economic Agents to IOTA network’s rich data sources.
For the first time, this draws a clear, substantial path to solving the data discoverability problem, and to connect those that need information to those that have it — seamlessly, autonomously, and in real-time.
Today’s world is drowning in data, but most of it is lost because those who produce it don’t share it, and those who need it don’t access it — usually because they don’t know it’s there, and don’t know where to look for it. Furthermore, much data has a limited shelf-life.
It exists in its most useful form temporarily, which is why rapid, instantaneous discovery is essential to avoid so much useful value being uselessly lost. Without relevant data being delivered effectively, there is no opportunity for machine-learning to build further value. And without the relevant data to be delivered on time, there are no solid ways to achieve data monetisation, nor the incentive to provide data.
With Fetch.ai and IOTA’s new collaboration, we’re going to solve these problems by providing a bridge between IOTA’s data streams technology and Fetch’s Autonomous Economic Agents (AEA).
We are opening streams to the agent metaverse. Agents will now be able to access and represent IOTA network streams, and make it possible, even when you don’t know where to find the data that matters, to spontaneously catch it.
New monetisation paths using agents increase the benefits and incentives to publishing such data: they are benefiting agent developers in the Fetch.ai ecosystem, and they are benefiting data publishers on the IOTA network.
The scope of this collaboration is enormous
- Imagine arriving at a new city for your holiday and receiving up-to-date information on new restaurants, or parking spots. An agent can efficiently check and book restaurants and parking at the same time without you having to search and book them separately.
- Imagine you’re running late for your appointment and want to learn the next fastest connection by train? An agent can efficiently check the train schedules and book one for you without you lifting a finger.
- Imagine you have to travel during the pandemic, but you’re not sure about the current health situation of the country you’re visiting. Easy! Agents can tap into IOTA data streams and retrieve the latest real-time information for you.
Long story short — there are an infinite number of awesome use cases that are now possible via this collaboration, and you can extend it practically to any industry, businesses, or to any social activity for that matter!
Fetch.ai’s AEAs can subscribe to different data streams being produced and published on IOTA and guide your decision making. In order to preserve data integrity, the chronicled data points are stored on the IOTA network.
In the current World Wide Web, where just a handful of companies have effectively monopolised the storage and control of user data, it is hard to build a bridge connecting the data producers and data consumers.
Fetch.ai and IOTA’s collaboration instead focuses on working towards making more and more data available while enforcing more privacy and giving you — the owner — more control of your data. We are going a step further and are giving the data producers the choice to either keep their data private or monetise it for them by setting up peer to peer paid data exchanges aimed at benefiting both parties.
Mutual discoverability of data producers and data consumers, all visible in the sprawling Fetch.ai agent metaverse, would create infinite use-cases for businesses, institutions, industries, societies without relying on the centralised data silos. This collaboration would enable the FET token and the IOTA token to play a major role in the Web 3.0 ecosystem and enable users to become customers rather than the product as they are now.
In the future, Fetch.ai’s blockchain-agnostic AEA will be running on any and many blockchains, to provide automated services for a more fair, more efficient and faster world.
How will the Fetch.ai + IOTA collaboration work?
- Fetch.ai offers automated agents that can easily publish and retrieve data on any blockchain with a high granularity, both semantic and geographic: for instance, read the transportation information in East Berlin, the latest evolution of the futures market, or real-time supply chain transactions.
- This data discovery feature is the perfect companion to IOTA data stream publishing: one is great at publishing useful data, the other at finding it and making use of it.
- In addition to publishing data, IOTA does so in a highly scalable, high speed and feeless environment, which in turns increases the efficiency of Fetch’s agents and metaverse.
- Agents can also interact with any blockchain now that Mainnet 2.0 has launched, and come with a user-friendly and developer-friendly interface and ecosystem.
Connecting Fetch.ai’s Autonomous Agents to IOTA’s streams will allow for high efficiency, high relevance, and low price valuable data and financial exchanges between the two networks. Refined automation, collective learning, AI in IoT, and real-time data fed dApps, are now right in front of us.
Screenshots showing the actual code in action:
Disclaimer — this part is technical.
The screenshots below show the use of C-binding of IOTA stream with python and a working script which creates a basic channel based application.
With Channels, we can:
- Sign and encrypt messages, allowing others to verify your identity on the channel
- Publish messages in the Tangle, making them transparent and tamperproof
- Give permission to others to encrypt and decrypt messages
Right now we are working on using Iota stream with our AEA framework. We will release more details including a working demo video in the coming weeks!
What use-cases are we talking about for this partnership?
1. Collaborative Public Administration: Digital assistance to simplify public administration processes — agents represent all relevant data streams and the public can subscribe to it. This would be updated regularly to autonomously capture more and more information. You can receive information like traffic, climate, air quality, polling booths, testing and vaccination centres for COVID etc.
2. All-in-one automated services: The streams integration for agents helps onboard devices as easily as services, without the need for many apps. For example an agent can efficiently check and book restaurants and parking at the same time without you having to search and book them separately.
3. Autonomous RSS alerts: Have a favorite topic or visiting a city on holiday? Find out new data streams as they come online and receive push notifications on your phone.
4. Pandemic management: Agents tapped into data streams can provide real-time information on the development of hotspots affected by epidemics or pandemics. This would facilitate transparency, efficient crisis management and contribute to a better public health debate. More importantly it helps counteract the spread of fake pandemic news.
5. Smart Urban Planning: Evaluation of data streams from urban observation and public administration in order to break down data silos and offer real-time and sustainable solutions for the future urban population.
– In the future, it will be possible to generate complex engines of interconnected agents operating in conjunction with one another with a foundation in verifiable distributed data.
All in all — we are excited and there is more to come!