Experience the Future of Mobility with Fetch.ai’s Agents - The Intelligent Parking Solution of Tomorrow
Aug 27, 2021
The IAA is renowned as the world’s largest mobility show/conference, offering numerous mobility products and services. This year’s conference in Munich, from 7–12th September, will be the first to demonstrate, in person, the significant impact of Fetch.ai’s agents for the future mobility sector.
The IAA conference will be the first opportunity for attendees from major automotive enterprises to learn about Fetch.ai’s Autonomous Economic Agents in detail and experience a practical demonstration of the Fetch.ai agent technology via a test-drive featuring three electric cars! Fetch.ai along with its partners — Bosch, Datarella, and Ocean Protocol will be showcasing their exciting collaboration demonstrating the technology involved in Deep Parking.
Deep Parking is an application built upon AI and blockchain technology that finds parking spaces for automobile drivers that were previously unused.
The majority of cities are automobile-orientated, which has led to a multitude of problems which are aggravated by parking issues:
- Motor traffic
- High level pollution levels (due to automobile combustion engines)
Deep Parking allows drivers to know the state of the parking system in real time through wireless networks of sensor devices, which generate data to develop predictive models that generate forecasted information. This can be useful in improving the management of parking areas, especially on-street parking, while having an important effect on urban traffic. All of these functions happen autonomously on your behalf through our agent infrastructure.
User Journey 1 — finding and booking a parking place:
- A person/driver needs to find a parking space
- The person selects their preferences into the system such as location, price, time
- This person’s autonomous software agent uses the Fetch.ai search and discovery to find parking spots
- Parking agents, software agents representing the parking spots, who fit these preferences are presented to the person’s autonomous agent (which acts on behalf of the user) to match a parking agent that best fits their preferences.
- The agents negotiate and agree the terms for the parking booking
- Once the user has left the parking space, the payment transactions are sent automatically
User Journey 2 — offering a new parking place on the decentralized marketplace:
- A person has a resident parking space that they do not use
- This person can put this parking space on the decentralized market for other users to search for and utilize
- On behalf of the owner of the parking space, their autonomous software agent will negotiate with user’s car agents to find the best price
- Once both agents have agreed on the terms, payment takes place seamlessly on the blockchain
- Once the user has left the parking space, the transactions are sent automatically
Deep parking optimized by autonomous economic agents enables utilization of assets which would otherwise be unused e.g. unused parking spaces, with the concept extended to other areas such as EV charging points, etc..
Deep Parking will be featured in this year’s ‘Blue Lane’. The IAA Mobility’s “Blue Lane ‘’ is in fact a traffic lane reserved solely for the purpose of testing zero-emission vehicles. This year’s IAA conference is also a grand opportunity for major automotive enterprises to demonstrate the efficiency and feasibility of cutting edge technologies like blockchain technology, multi-agent-systems, and Artificial Intelligence and how they can play a crucial role in tackling urban planning and climate change related challenges. During the conference, three electric cars — a Jaguar iPace, Tesla and BMW — will demonstrate deep parking. Providing conference attendees their first chance to experience the concept of Deep Parking involving Fetch.ai’s Autonomous Economic Agents and the future of multimodal transport. The test trial will include an actual demonstration involving searching for and finding a parking space within the city center using Fetch.ai agents.
Fetch.ai’s objective at the IAA is to demonstrate the practicality and the efficiency of its Autonomous Economic Agents to:
- Planning users’ journeys.
- Increasing utilization of parking spaces as a means of tackling rising urban planning and climate change problems.
- Helping users find micromobility services.
- Providing exclusive rewards to users in the form of tokens.
- Booking and paying for mobility services.
A key feature is that all of these actions are done autonomously, with the user’s preferences and needs in mind. Fetch.ai autonomous economic agents will aid the users to find the most efficient parking spaces available in the city based on various factors such as price, location and time. Once the user confirms the parking space recommended by the Fetch.ai Autonomous Economic Agent, the user can park their car. If a user does not have any personal transportation available and prefers to rely on city-friendly transportation services such as an e-scooter, the agent can also aid in finding and reserving such services.
In addition, using economic agents allows for privacy preservation for each individual user. The problem with centralized authority is when you want to gain access to something and verify who you are, you need to use a third party e.g. driver’s license authority to verify your identity. But this third party is also aware of what you are doing. However, by using Self-sovereign identity through Fetch.ai agents, individuals gain access to assets whilst providing verifiable proof e.g. renting a car, showing your university certificate, without the need of a third party. By using Fetch.ai agents, each individual’s privacy is preserved as communication between agents takes place in a private and verified manner over encrypted, one-time use communication channels.
Excited to join us and experience this live demo on Deep Parking with Fetch.ai, Bosch, Datarella and Ocean Protocol? Join us starting 7–12 September in Munich, where the IAA conference will kick off. The Blue Lane will be utilized exclusively as an environmentally friendly traffic lane throughout the city of Munich. For more info about IAA blue lane, click here.
Be sure to check out the exciting agenda planned for the IAA Mobility here.
Get in touch to reserve your test-ride with us on the Blue lane at the IAA conference ([email protected])
Last but not least: we are also organizing a crowdcast to discuss the demonstration of the proof of concept we will be presenting at IAA.
We have invited Peter Busch (Product Owner Distributed Ledger Technologies Mobility, Bosch), Maria Minaricova (Director of Business Development, Fetch.ai), Rebecca Lynn Johnson (Lead Architect, Datarella), and Sheridan Johns (Head of Ecosystems, Ocean Protocol)
You can register here for the crowdcast.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon in Munich!