Fetch.ai — Community Newsletter (23–27 September)
Sep 27, 2019
Here is Fetch.ai’s community newsletter for the week commencing 23 September. Stay up to date by following us on Twitter.
Highlight of the week
Binance Telegram AMA
Thanks to everyone who participated in today’s AMA on Binance’s English Telegram channel and well done to those of you who answered the quiz questions correctly.
We received a huge number of questions for our CEO Humayun Sheikh. Humayun provided updates on a range of topics, including the announcement that next week we will be unveiling guides explaining how you can take part in our upcoming staking auctions.
Don’t worry if you couldn’t make this AMA — a full transcript will be published next week. We will also be announcing the winners of the AMA and distributing 130,000 $FET tokens to the winning participants ?
Staking auction contract deployed
Our innovative staking auction contract has been deployed to the Ethereum mainnet. This paves the way for community members to earn rewards in return for locking up their ERC-20 FET tokens. In the future, this staking mechanism will be used to allocate rights to operating Fetch.ai validator nodes.
The contract implements a ground-breaking consensus, known as Proof-of-Stake with unpermissioned Delegation, that enables the network to be run securely and at low cost without compromising on decentralization.
Many thanks to the highly respected smart contract auditor CertiK for verifying the contract and awarding it a score of 100% for security and implementation quality.
Staking auctions will start in October and will run continuously on the Ethereum network until the launch of our mainnet at the end of this year.
World Summit AI (9–10 October, Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Head of business development Maria Minaricova will be joining in the discussion at World Summit AI. The event will be a great opportunity to meet other leaders in the evolving AI space. Let us know if you will also be there!
Diffusion 2019 (19–20 October, Berlin, Germany)
Fetch.ai will be at Diffusion 2019, a dev con based in Factory Berlin (Gorlitzer Park) focusing on blockchain, AI and IoT on 19th and 20th October. The concept will bring together different communities that don’t often meet and work together at protocol-specific events. We are looking for all participants committed to building privacy-protecting, peer-to-peer, decentralized technologies, to join forces to grow Web3.
○ There will be CEOs, CTOs, and lead devs from some great teams and companies already attending including Cosmos, Parity, Sovrin, Agoric, IOTA, Chainlink, Enigma, Hyperledger, Ocean Protocol, DAOstack, Deutsche Telekom + lots more.
○ There will be around 350 developers involved, with prizes worth thousands of dollars
○ There will be a careers desk, multiple talks and workshops as well as networking opportunities
○ Odyssey Hackathon will be running a track
○ All food and drink will be covered
Synergetic Contract Hackathon 0x03;
Congratulations to Thomas Rae who came first in our Synergetic Contract Hackathon. In addition to 50,000 FET tokens Thomas will receive the support he needs to make his ride-sharing solution a reality!
Great to see so many Fetch.ai community members — both old and new — at our Cambridge meetup. It’s always a great opportunity to share updates about what we’re working on with local business owners and university students.
○ We’re preparing for Diffusion 2019, building tools and documentation to enable those attending to easily build with Fetch.ai.
○ Our agent framework is growing, and we have an entire team researching and developing scaling solutions for decentralized search. We’re actively improving searching by physical and digital locations.
○ Our beta mainnet release featuring synergetic contracts is imminent and finally, we’re testing the infrastructure around staking which is due to launch in October.
This week, excluding merges, 6 authors have pushed 10 commits to the main branch and 10 commits to all branches.
On the main branch, 281 files have changed and there have been 2,672 additions and 1,293 deletions. See all updates.
Bounties, hackathons and competitions
The Fetch.ai technical bounty program
Help us improve the reliability and performance of our technology by finding and reporting technical issues and be awarded $FET ?
? Find a technical issue in the Fetch.ai’s GitHub ledger repository
? Report it as an issue on GitHub
?️ Additional award for a fix
○ Critical: $10,000 in FET
○ Major: $6,000 in FET
○ Medium: $2,500 in FET
○ Low: $800 in FET
More bounties are coming soon involving autonomous agents, mobile applications and much more — watch this space!
Thanks for reading our update. Join the conversation with the rest of our community on Telegram.