Machine Learning lead for Catena-X project (Germany)
Development at the cutting edge
An amazing opportunity for those with a passion for AI and Blockchain to participate alongside industry leading and innovative forces from the automotive industry whose aim is to support the development of decentralized technologies and business models, tokenomics incentive systems as well as industry standards for information and data sharing. Catena-X sees a collaboration between organizations of all sizes, including Bosch, Siemens, Mercedes Benz, VW and BMW, as well as innovative startups and SMEs. Fetch.ai is proud to be part of this collaboration and we are seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our team in Germany.
We aim to be your Employer of Choice by providing you with the opportunity to work with a hugely talented team developing cutting edge technology combining AI and blockchain, that will influence and change the way we share data and information.
Our vision is to connect digital and real-life economies to allow automation to change the way we use data. Fetch.ai brings expertise in multi-agent systems, artificial intelligence, advanced cryptography and decentralized machine learning to the Catena-X network. Our main focus will be to provide technologies for agent-based “smart” clients, secure and private sharing of information, and base-layer blockchain infrastructure. It will support next-generation data analytics through Fetch.ai CoLearn network, a decentralized information-sharing system that is deployed on blockchains and aggregates learning from multiple stakeholders.
Fetch.ai is building software to deliver multi-stakeholder AI using the power of blockchain technology. As a lead machine learning scientist, you would have the opportunity to work at the intersection of these fascinating fields and shape the future of machine learning by allowing the sharing of information without compromising peoples’ privacy, security or sovereignty. This challenge involves a combination of game theory, differential privacy, machine learning, cryptography and distributed computing.
The role involves a combination of hands-on ML problem solving responsibilities, fundamental algorithm and protocol design. Our research scientists have the opportunity to publish in top conferences and work with our experienced engineers to deliver the cutting edge technologies of tomorrow. We are interested in speaking to machine learning professionals with deep technical knowledge of the subject who are already leading a team or ready to take this step in their career. Candidates with experience in any of the following fields including; MLOps, game theory, federated learning, differential privacy or cryptography are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work and live in Germany where this role is based.
Type: Full time or contract
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in deep learning, game theory, multi-agent systems or another relevant branch of AI.
- Demonstrated ability to design novel algorithms for solving real-world problems in research or industry.
- Extensive knowledge of modern ML frameworks such as PyTorch and Tensorflow.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of ML including optimisation, probability theory and statistics.
- Passion for software engineering with strong coding skills in Python.
- Experience of full ML life-cycle including data visualization, algorithm design, development, deployment, and monitoring
- Team management and leadership
- Research publications in machine learning or a related field
- Blockchain and smart contract development
- Systems programming languages such as Rust, Golang and C/C++.
- Experience with techniques from differential privacy and/or cryptography
- Industry knowledge in the healthcare, financial, automotive or insurance sectors.
Fetch.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value all people, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, ability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity both as a partner, provider of services and as an employer.