Roadmap for 2021
The development activities of the past year have now reached a conclusion in our planned upgrade of the Fetch.ai mainnet, which took place in March 2021.
We are progressively upgrading the four key aspects of the Fetch.ai system over the coming months. The Agent Framework, Collective Learning, the Open Economic Framework (SOEF, providing search and discovery) and the Ledger.
For the first time we now have a fully integrated system between the ledger and our frameworks that is accessible and makes it easy for the community to build upon the Fetch.ai network with FET is the essential part: it provides the fuel for agents to get things done and find each other, the method of value exchange, and the way in which network users operate the network and take part in the decisions that map out how it evolves.
- Includes random beacon integrated with Tendermint for faster and more secure consensus.
- Beacon World testnet: an incentivised test net where FET holders create and operate nodes, become validators and perform other activities as we do mainnet launch rehearsals. The first part of this, Beacon World 1 has been launched. You can find more details here
- Secure pseudo-random number generator that is interoperable across chains. A huge amount of agent-based applications require such random numbers
- Agent Framework V1 launch: full feature-complete, refined version 1 of the agent framework for commercial and community deployment on mainnet v2
- AEA GUI: release of local no-code interface to interact with Autonomous Economic Agents (AEAs)
- AEA CLI: full integration of IPFS, secure private key management
- AEA Registry: upgrades to expose additional information like AEA version compatibility and package specifications.
- ACN (Agent Communication Network): further reliability and security improvements to ready the ACN for continuous production usage. The ACN allows agents to talk to each other and negotiate before completing a transaction
- FET token, update of economic schema of FET token costs and incentives
SOEF - Agent Search and Discovery
- Identity support: proof-of-identity for peer-to-peer trust
- Integration with main-net: FET tokens are required for complex search and large data operations and give additional incentives for node operators
- Peer-to-peer networking: multi-mode operation, specification and initial work
- Semantic and active search design: design for community feedback of semantic, AI-driven active searches
- Evolve the SOEF’s current high-performance implementation towards a decentralised digital world in cooperation with development partners and the community: the #metaverse for autonomous agents.
Collective Learning Framework
- CoLearn User Interface: Public user interface for interacting with the back-end of the collective learning system
- CoLearn model upgrade: Improved logic for specifying a collective learning model and leaving and joining the model training process