Pathway to Mainnet v2.0 - 2021 Q1 roadmap
The development activities of the past year are now reaching a conclusion in our planned upgrade of the Fetch.ai mainnet, which we anticipate taking place in March 2021.
Mainnet v2.0 will create a fully integrated system between the ledger and our frameworks that is accessible and makes it easy for the community to build upon the Fetch.ai network with FET is the essential part: it provides the fuel for agents to get things done and find each other, the method of value exchange, and the way in which network users operate the network and take part in the decisions that map out how it evolves.
To launch Mainnet v2.0 we will be progressively upgrading the four key aspects of the Fetch.ai system over the coming 3 months. The Agent Framework, Collective Learning, the Open Economic Framework (SOEF, providing search and discovery) and the Ledger.
- Mainnet v2.0: mainnet is scheduled to be released in March 2021
- Includes random beacon integrated with Tendermint for faster and more secure consensus.
- Beacon World testnet: an incentivised test net where FET holders create and operate nodes, become validators and perform other activities as we do mainnet launch rehearsals. The first part of this, Beacon World 1 has been launched. You can find more details here
- Secure pseudo-random number generator that is interoperable across chains. A huge amount of agent-based applications require such random numbers
- Agent Framework V1 launch: full feature-complete, refined version 1 of the agent framework for commercial and community deployment on mainnet v2
- AEA GUI: release of local no-code interface to interact with Autonomous Economic Agents (AEAs)
- AEA CLI: full integration of IPFS, secure private key management
- AEA Registry: upgrades to expose additional information like AEA version compatibility and package specifications.
- ACN (Agent Communication Network): further reliability and security improvements to ready the ACN for continuous production usage. The ACN allows agents to talk to each other and negotiate before completing a transaction
- FET token, update of economic schema of FET token costs and incentives
SOEF - Agent Search and Discovery
- Identity support: proof-of-identity for peer-to-peer trust
- Integration with main-net: FET tokens are required for complex search and large data operations and give additional incentives for node operators
- Peer-to-peer networking: multi-mode operation, specification and initial work
- Semantic and active search design: design for community feedback of semantic, AI-driven active searches
- Q1 is a key period for evolving the SOEF’s current high-performance implementation towards a decentralised digital world in cooperation with development partners and the community: the #metaverse for autonomous agents.
Collective Learning Framework
- To help support this product roll out, we are focussing on improving the framework during Q1:
- CoLearn User Interface: Public user interface for interacting with the back-end of the collective learning system
- CoLearn model upgrade: Improved logic for specifying a collective learning model and leaving and joining the model training process